Friday, February 26, 2010

The Winter Blues, looking toward Spring

So this is the view out my window right now. Needless to say I think the groundhog was right this year and we probably won't be out of the snowy slushy woods until nearly April. I am getting my hopes up by believing the weather report next week (a sunny 45 degrees) which will at least mean a drive up the Hudson if not some attempted early March hiking...we shall see.

Even if the weather doesn't let up, my husband and I have some geographically well positioned business to attend to in central Virginia in late march, which means a full day and overnight in Shenandoah National Park at Big Meadows Campground. More to come!

I've also posted a Day Hike Gear List of what we'll be taking on our tentative early March hike here Day Hike Essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment